Monday 1 April 2013

Fabric of Andona

Hi everyone,
Have you had a good Easter weekend?
I've barely begun eating my chocolate!

For the last couple of weeks I've started to really get back into my Andona project, which was my second year project at University (see here and here).
I didn't feel I had done enough thorough character designs and haven't dedicated my work to finer details.
To begin costume designs for the people of the planet Andona I created textile samples.
I really enjoy creating patterns, something I only realised a year ago.  There's something quite therapeutic about creating them.


I've already sketched a page of characters ready to use these patterns on them.  It creates a very quick and easy way to make variables for each character design.

So, I'm getting ready to leave for Paris tomorrow morning for 6 nights with L.H.!
I'm very excited to make some artistic discoveries!  But, like the art geek/workaholic that I am, I'll miss working on my projects.  I'm taking obligatory moleskins and camera, of course :)

Au revoir for now.
J.x

No comments:

Post a Comment